With roots in Sydney’s house music scene going back several years, Tom Piper has evolved to cement himself firmly at the forefront of a new era in club music. This era, defined by a mashup of many styles from the outskirts of dance to the grey area of urban music, is steadily breaking down genre barriers and creating unique sounds all over our world. Mr Piper is leading the pack in Australia with uncanny control of the cross fader and an endless pile of drink cards!
With accolades including 4 original ARIA chart hits, over 12 ARIA chart remixes (including a 1 in 2009), placement in the Sony ITM50 DJ Poll, remixing artists like Sidney Samson, Ursula 1000, Empire Of The Sun, Grafton Primary as well as multiple releases through labels: Hussle, Ministry Of Sound, NEWS, bambamMuzik, 777, CSR, Mental Madness, Alphabet City, No Frills, Electrodomesticos, Sony, Bakehaus, One Love, Senso Disc and more, trying to fit Piper’s achievements onto a single page is like trying to squeeze a fat girl onto the back of your cycle.
Piper doesn’t like genre’s, but some call it house, some tech, some rave, some noise, some fidget, some bassline, some baltimore, some garage, some electro, some disco.. they are all right in some way and it’s wrapped and folded with an streetwise edge and labeled The Freshness!.. that’s the package served up to music savvy clubbers every week around Australia and has seen Tom visit south east Asia numerous times this last year.
The grind doesn’t stop at DJing for this young hustler! Tom established and runs 3 indie record labels..(bambamMuzik, No Frills and Bakehaus) they deliver the upfront sounds of Australia and New Zealand’s clubland and are also Tom’s first outlet for personal releases before signing things worldwide and to majors. It is Tom’s diversity as a producer that has allowed him to collaborate with key players from across the electronic spectrum including: Tommy Trash (releases **** To The Bass & One More); Nick Correlli from MYNC Project (release Indisco), Destroy Disco (release My Sound), Jono Fernandez (release Rockst*r), Daniel Farley (release Airbag), Alex Schmitz (release FRSHCRCK), Pablo Calamari (The Jump Off), Wax Motif (release 808), Ryan Riback (release POPO), Blaze Tripp (release Oh Jeah!) and more. Also a master of the remix.. recentely Tom has been working on remixes for Ministry Of Sound, One Love, EMI, Neon and many other labels.. see his discogaphy! Tom’s music has recieved 4 and 5 star feedback from people like Steve Aoki, Micky Slim, Malente, Rockid, Drop The Lime.. All this and more is run out of Sotzu, a recording studio tom co-owns in the waterside suburb of Pyrmont, right in the heart of Sydney.
Whether he’s handling business as a label manager, running the studio, planning to overthrow a third world dictator, rocking a club or working his magic in the studio, Tom Piper is undoubtedly one of the most diverse and energetic DJs making his mark on the Australian music landscape today.
* DJ / Producer from Sydney
* Label Manager of bambamMuzik
* Half of The Jump Off
* aka. Sonny, R-Son, Landen Platz, Plus 8
* bambamReleases – Point’n’Clap, The Drugs (TBA), Rackhunters (TBA), Upsized
* bambamRemix – The Little Things, F Is For…
* External releases – **** To The Bass & One More (w Tommy Trash signed to Hussle – Ministry Of Sound), Dub Downunder (w Elroy & Tayo signed to 777 – Passenger), I Can Cook – Grafton Primary (Elroy & Piper Mix), Show Me Love – Mobin Master (Piper & Nukie Mix), Cafe Del Mar – Energy 52 (Piper & Carrera Mix), Dirty House – Marcus Knight (Piper & Goodfella Mix), Disco Infected – Dirty Laundry (Piper & Nukie Mix), Do It – Romy Black (Piper Learns Logic mix) & More..
* Tracks released on Hussle, Ministry Of Sound, NEWS, bambamMuzik, 777, Electrodomesticos
* 3 ARIA Chart Hits, including Point’n’Clap that hit 2
* 5 currently charting remixes, with other mixes and booties all over the place
* Holds Residencies at Sydney’s Best Venues and Tours Australia week in week out.
* One of Australia’s most versatile and energetic DJs, voted as #12 best DJ in NSW on ITM50 DJ Poll (29th Australia-wide)
* Half of “The Jump Off”
With 6 recent tracks and remixes in the ARIA club chart, a new mix album (Upsized), tracks on various Ministry Of Sound CDs, his new label bambamMuzik, Tom Piper, might be a new name to some, but has been deeply seeded in the house music scene for many years now..