Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia, is a place filled with beautiful skyscrapers and architecture, unique cuisine, and friendly locals. It is divided into a number of districts, each showing a different side of the city. This place is perfect for those who are looking for fun and unique daytime and nightlife escapades. Here are some suggestions on accommodations you can get and places you can visit in the city of contrast and diversity with our ultimate travel guides and tips.
We have shortlisted the popular tourist attractions of places to visit and the best Kuala Lumpur nightlife spots just for you to discover. Let this be a crash course guide when you’re travelling to the city.
Sights to see in Kuala Lumpur
Petronas Twin Towers
– Aside from being the tallest twin towers in the world, this building also features a sky bridge that allows tourists to get a wonderful view of the city skyline. This is a tourist spot that you really shouldn’t miss. Don’t forget to snap pictures with the camera.
– The KL Tower is part of the top 10 tallest freestanding buildings in the world. This tower has a Skydeck which offers a great view of the city, including the Petronas Towers. If you want to take your viewing experience up a notch, you can try their Skybox, which is a glass box that gives you an amazing view of the city literally under your feet.
– This limestone cave is home to many temples – and monkeys. When visiting this place, be sure to prepare yourself to climb a number of steps to get inside the cave itself.
National Mosque of Malaysia
– The National Mosque of Malaysia isn’t only a venue for worship, but also a place filled with intricate architectural and interior design. Tourists can enter for free but must wear the appropriate attire which can be borrowed at the entrance of the mosque.
– Merdeka Square – which literally means Independence Square – is a place filled with beautiful architectural buildings that bring you back in time. It also has an area that shows the pictures and short biographies of its leaders. If you look up from this square, you will see the Malaysian flag right above you. It is also the best spot for a photoshoot.
– This monument gives honour to those who fought and died for Malaysia’s freedom from the Japanese.
– This is the official residence of Malaysia’s monarch. Tourists can only see it from afar, and the closest you can get is at the palace’s gate.
Where to shop
– This is a high-end shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur that offers a huge selection of international brands.
Sunway Putra Shopping Center
– If you want to shop at a less-crowded place that still has high-end brands, then Sunway Putra Mall is the one for you. Its colourful outer glass windows also make it an eye candy and a good place for photos.
Jalan Petaling Street
– Petaling Street is a famous shopping area in Chinatown. Here you will find a ton of affordable products – from bags, clothes, beauty products, and souvenirs. There are also a lot of street foods and hawker centers nearby to fill your empty stomach after all that shopping.
Kuala Lumpur Nightlife
Kuala Lumpur isn’t only fun during the day. At night, the city transforms into a place full of entertainment and a few drinks. One of the best night activities to do is clubbing or bar hopping at best bars and clubs in the city. Most discos, bars, and clubs in the city are located in non-Muslim areas. To experience the best nightlife in Kuala Lumpur, you can head to the districts of Bukit Bintang, Sultan Ismail, Bangsar, and Ampang. Here are some unique clubs and bars you can visit:
Zouk Club Kuala Lumpur
– This bar and nightclub established in 2004 have been a famous spot for tourists to enjoy music from local and international DJs. The superclub hosts epic regular nights such as Ladies Night Out every Wednesdays and Crayon, which is a revamp of the once popular 4Play regular night at Zouk KL.
– The Sky Bar is a popular cocktail lounge located on the 33rd floor of Traders Hotel in KLCC. The bar offers a stunning view of the Petronas Towers. It also has a narrow pool as a centrepiece. If you want to grab a few drinks after visiting the Twin Towers, there is a free shuttle to the Traders Hotel from 8:30 to 10:30 PM.
Heli Lounge Bar
– This is a unique bar in Kuala Lumpur that transformed a helipad into a lively nightlife spot. Heli Lounge Bar is located on the 34th floor of Menara KH and can only be accessed through the stairs. During the day, the helipad is still in use, but on sundown, it becomes a drinking lounge filled with music from local DJs.
Ranging from clubs, live music acts and show performances, you named it, she has it. This ultimate KL nightlife tips will guide you through the best places to hang out in the city. Kuala Lumpur is always resplendent when it comes to nightlife activities. The most popular clubbing spots are located in Golden Triangles, Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang and in Bangsar. Beach Club which is located at Jalan P. Ramlee, provides live music performances in its uniquely open-air environment.
With the international DJs from around the world performed on the DJ decks, this is the place you must not miss out when you’re in Kuala Lumpur. Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang houses pubs, bars, and clubs with no entry fee or cover charges. Just buy a drink, sit down and enjoy the music! Looking for more things to do at night in Kuala Lumpur? Club hopping might help you further explore the nightlife in Kuala Lumpur. This is where you visit from clubs to clubs to find out about the DJs, music and discover a whole new clubbing experience.
Whether it’s dining, partying or enjoy the best music, Kuala Lumpur is certainly a city that never sleeps. You can easily find the best dance music experience and DJ performances in the city. Head to Zouk Club, Fuze Club, Wicked KL, SkyBar is some of the popular clubs in Kuala Lumpur to check out on weekdays or weekends.
The clubs and bars along Jalan Telawi in Bangsar are the most current clubbing hotspots for those who love DJs, R&B, Hip Hop, House, and electronic music banging loud with busy patrons walking along the street looking to bar crawl. Check out for more events and gigs in the future. For hotels and accommodations, please check out the Hotel guide in KL or find the cheapest hotels deals in town.
Where to stay
– This is located in Chinatown and is a perfect place for backpackers looking for very affordable accommodations. It offers a simple room with a bed, just enough to get some rest and then head out again during the day.
Regalia Residences (via Airbnb)
– This is a condominium that has an infinity pool that offers an amazing view of the city and the Petronas Twin Towers. It is also very affordable and is situated near the Sunway Putra Mall and the MRT.
Traders Hotel by Shangri-La
– For those with a bigger budget, Traders Hotel is a lovely place you can stay to get the perfect view of the Twin Towers. The hotel is located behind the towers, so there is less obstruction of your view. It is also situated in the best location since it is near a lot of tourist spots. The hotel also has an underground LRT to make it easier for guests to go around.
Last but not least, you can find tons of interesting KL travel guide videos, introducing what to see, do and eat in Kuala Lumpur city.
List of Popular Activities & Attractions in Kuala Lumpur
- Petronas Twin Towers
- Genting Highlands
- Batu Caves
- Suria KLCC Shopping Mall
- Pavilion KL Shopping Mall
- New MRT Ride
- Aquaria KLCC
- National Museum
- Bukit Bintang
- Changkat Bukit Bintang
- Sunway Lagoon
- Zouk Club
- Jalan P. Ramlee
- Beach Club
- Thai Club
- Jalan Alor
- Night Markets (Pasar Malam)
- SkyBar @ Traders Hotel
- TREC KL
- Berjaya Times Square Shopping Mall
- Sungei Wang Plaza
- Fahrenheit 88
- Central Market
- Merdeka Square
Despite its relatively small size, the city of Kuala Lumpur definitely has a lot to offer for tourists during both day and night. It is surely a place that must be on every travellers’ list due to the amazing culture and experience one can get from visiting this city with our travel guide and tips. If you’re looking to visit other cities for it’s happening night life and attractions in Malaysia, Johor Bahru, Penang and Genting are the next cities to be included in your travel checklist.